The past several weeks have produced a number of instances involving mockery of Christianity and religion in general. Of course, with the exception of the last article below, such mockery almost never includes Islam - people seem to understand how dangerous that would be:
- A Nude, anatomically correct, chocolate Jesus entitled: "My Sweet Lord"
- Ron Burns created a mock version of da Vinci's painting of the last supper, but with dogs.
- Bloomingdales featured their "True Religion" line of jeans.
- New York fashion designer Tara Subkoff featured her "Imitation of Christ" series [video below]:
- Atheism makes greater headway in Europe.
Matthew 5:43-48: 43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 “But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 “For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 “If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 “Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.